Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, i.e. a complaint about our bill, we need you to tell us about it, therefore this firm has a complaints procedure, a copy of which is available on request. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a concern or complaint that has not been dealt with to your satisfaction by the person handling your case or their supervising partner, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed.
Contact us with the details and address these, FAO:
Nicola Phillips Solicitors
1 Blackhorse Way
What will happen next?
We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to Nicola Phillips, who will review your complaint.
- Nicola Phillips will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. She will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three days of the meeting, Nicola Phillips will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions she has agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Nicola Phillips will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again and we will arrange for someone unconnected with the matter at the firm to review her decision or appropriate alternative such as review by another local solicitor or mediation to review the decision.
- We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman. You should write to the Ombudsman within 3 months of receiving our final decision letter. The Legal Ombudsman’s website sets out some key facts about the service they will operate.
Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman:
Contact details for the Legal Ombudsman are as follows:
Address: PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB
Telephone: 0300 555 0333 (8.30am to 5.30pm)